All legal, health and safety, insurance information
to be displayed including FAQ
Terms & Conditions of Cheeky Chimps - Soft Play Hire
It is the responsibility of the hirer (you) of the soft play equipment from Cheeky Chimps –Soft Play, to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to third parties or possible damage to the equipment. Cheeky Chimps accepts no responsibility and will not be held liable for any injury occurred whilst using the equipment.
Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions are followed under all circumstances:
- A responsible adult must supervise the equipment at all times and ensure that it is being used within the parameters explained in these Terms and Conditions.
- The equipment is designed for use by children under 4 years of age. You must ensure that no one over this age uses the equipment.
- No food or drinks or chewing gum is allowed on or near the equipment. This will avoid breaching health and safety regulations as per our insurance requirements. You (the hirer) are to ensure that the equipment is kept in a clean condition.
- You are advised that if there is excessive mess on the equipment, an additional cleaning fee of $50 will be charged. Whilst we are happy to perform routine cleaning, additional cleaning takes more time and will be charged accordingly.
- All shoes, glasses, jewellery, badges etc. MUST be removed before using the equipment. You will ensure that children do not wear shoes or have items in their pockets while using the equipment.
- All toddlers must wear a nappy or clothing of some sort. The hirer will be charged for any stains made on the equipment.
- No animals, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near the equipment.
- Do not allow any substances to come into contact with the equipment. This includes but is not limited to; face paint, bubbles, liquids, party streamers etc.
- No smoking or alcohol near the equipment.
- Ensure that no children who are presenting signs of illness or infection are using the equipment as this may encourage the spread of germs.
- Please discourage children from running onto the equipment as this poses a potential risk for them to run into each other or to trip on the matting. Cheeky Chimps - Soft Play are NOT to be held liable for any injury incurred during the use of the equipment.
- You will ensure adequate shade and sun safe measures are taken to minimise the risk of heat related illness and/or sunburn. Ensure Children are wearing hats and sunscreen. Please do not allow the equipment to sit in the sun as it will become hot to touch. Do not allow children to play on hot equipment.
- Plan so that an area of 2 metres (6 feet) around the area is completely clear.
- Do not allow anyone to be on the equipment until it is completely set up. Please ensure that children have cleared from the play area when the Cheeky Chimps representative is due to collect the equipment. It is unsafe for children to be playing whilst it is being dismantled and moved from the hire site.
- The parameter walls are there as a boundary for the equipment. Please do not let your children climb on these. We accept no responsibility for any injury caused.
- Ball Pit - please collect the balls prior to pick up and place in the tubs provided. We understand that some balls may get lost, however if there seems to be a large number (i.e. more than 20) missing then you will be charged a $15 replacement fee per 25 balls.
- Once a completed booking form has been completed, a $50 non-refundable deposit must be paid within 48 hours to secure the booking. The remaining balance is to be paid 7 days prior to hire date. Delivery will not take place unless full payment has been made.
- Always ensure that the ball pit is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of children using it. Try to avoid large and small children from using it at the same time. The ball pool also has sides which small children may need help with as they enter and exit.
- In the event of unsuitable weather after the delivery has been completed, the full fee will still be payable for services provided. Cheeky Chimps reserves the right to make the decision based on their professional opinion. Soft-play equipment may still be used in light rain/showers if the equipment is situated under a gazebo and is authorised by management.
- In the event of unsuitable weather and the booking resulting in being cancelled at the agreement of Cheeky Chimps, the money will be refunded minus the $50 non-refundable booking fee.
- Cancellation terms apply once a booking has been accepted, either verbally or in writing, and take preference over any such terms in client’s standard terms. If the party is cancelled before 7 days of the scheduled hire, then the deposit will be forfeited. Cancellations made 7 days prior to the event will be issued a credit for the amount of the booking fee and this may be used to re-book within a period of 6 months after the initial booking date.
- Cheeky Chimps – Soft Play will only operate within accepted standards of Health & Safety and our staff on site, reserve the right to refuse any services that contravene those standards or the terms of our insurance.